Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Want to be successful?

Want to know the secret to success?

The secret is …

There are no secrets!

Success usually is not easy. Henry David Thoreau said: "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it." Webster’s defines success as: an event that accomplishes its intended purpose. There is no magic or short cuts to legal success. This is what you do. Start your day every day with ardent resolve toward your goals, passion for life and a love for your neighbors. Not every event accomplishes its intended purpose, if you don’t accomplish yours, learn what you can then move on and try again.

Every day we are blessed with new opportunities. Take a chance, play the game and expect to win. Every day, demand your best and expect the best from your team. Encourage and build up people around you. Don’t settle for mediocrity and remember giving up is easy. Thoreau gives us some good advice: get busy! A dear friend commented to me last week after reading my blog and reminded me of Nike’s slogan: Just Do IT!

Great days don’t just happen, they are made!

1 comment:

  1. Ed ~ success is measured in so many ways and we've got to create a broader vision of that definition to recognize all of our wins. Some successes are little ~ I found time to spend with my kids today and really connected ~ other successes are big ~ I landed the big account or client. But we've got to see the importance in those little successes/wins to keep perspective on the big ones. Each night I try to lay down and 'count my blessings' ~ what happened today that blessed my life or others around me? Was I part of that blessing? Can I do more tomorrow to make a difference? I rarely come up empty handed and THAT is sometime success enough. Keep at it!!!

    ReplyDelete